- Thu, 14 DecLewes14 Dec, 20:00 – 15 Dec, 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK14 Dec, 20:00 – 15 Dec, 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UKWe are so pleased to welcome these two musicians to Lewes for our last session of the year - Ella Clayton and Harry Nye. With Ella's lyrical storytelling and soulful voice, and Harry's emotional songs and warm delivery, this evening is going to be a special one.
- Thu, 15 FebLewes15 Feb 2024, 16:00 – 18:00Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK
- Thu, 15 FebLewes15 Feb 2024, 20:00 – 23:00Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK15 Feb 2024, 20:00 – 23:00Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UKWe're so pleased to welcome legendary songwriter Boo Hewerdine to our February Hilltop Session. Known as lead singer of The Bible and writer whose songs have been covered by artists including KD Lang and Chris Difford. Boo will be supported by Hilltop Session's very own Maia Eden.
- Wed, 13 MarLewes13 Mar 2024, 20:00 – 23:00Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK13 Mar 2024, 20:00 – 23:00Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UKWe're very excited to welcome Salt House to Hilltop Sessions. The trio, consisting of Jenny Sturgeon, Ewan MacPherson and Lauren McColl hail from Scotland's wilder regions and have been a mainstay of the folk scene for over a decade. Support will come from Brighton's Cali Santo.
- Thu, 21 MarLewes21 Mar 2024, 20:00 – 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK21 Mar 2024, 20:00 – 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UKDG Solaris is the project of musician and producer, Danny Green, previously known as Laish. A rakish front man, making the audience laugh in one song and reducing them to bitter tears in the next. Support will come from Hattie Whitehead who blends folk sensibilities with an undeniably modern sound.
- Thu, 20 JunLewes20 Jun 2024, 20:00 – 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK20 Jun 2024, 20:00 – 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UKIn June we welcome Darden Smith, a singer-songwriter blessed with an uncommon degree of intelligence, depth, and compassion according to AllMusic. And they know All Music... Support comes from Reema whose bitter-sweet, delicate folk songs explore being human.
- Thu, 17 OctLewes17 Oct 2024, 20:00 – 22:30Lewes, 139 High St, Lewes BN7 1XS, UK
The Hilltop Sessions
Lewes Con Club
Doors Open at 7.30 pm
Lewes Con Club
139 High Street
About Hilltop Sessions
What is Hilltop Sessions?
Hilltop Sessions is a series of monthly live gigs featuring a range of independent artists performing original material. They take place at the Lewes Con Club, (usually) on the first Thursday of every month.
Who is behind Hilltop Sessions?
How did Hilltop Sessions come about?
We (Maia and Oliver) met through a shared love of music and had been talking for a while finding ways to bring quality music into people’s lives. When the pandemic hit and we realised how much we missed live music and how much the pandemic threatened musicians’ livelihoods and careers, we created Hilltop Sessions to give musicians a platform, once restrictions were lifted.
What type of music can you expect at a Hilltop Session?
We don’t want to limit the sessions to one style of music. Our first series of sessions includes legendary new wave pop, indie, piano ballads, indie-folk, rap and electronic music.
We don’t necessarily expect Hilltop Session audiences to come because their favourite artist is playing – though fans are very welcome! We hope people join us on a Thursday evening because they want to discover something new that they may not otherwise be drawn to. In other words, come with an open mind and let yourself be surprised. Think of it like the musical equivalent of monthly surprise case of wine or crate of beer!
Our role as curators is to make sure that we bring quality singer-songwriters to each session. If you leave a session thinking ‘This was new and it was great’, we’ve done our job.
Are you looking for established or unknown artists?
A little bit of everything. We were delighted to have Chris Difford perform at the first Hilltop Session as he is an amazing artist and songwriter, but for the most part we will support artists who aren’t quite as well-known but are very good at what they do. A typical session will usually involve one headline artist with at least one album under their belt and a good following and one support artist who may not have recorded anything yet, but has already written some cracking songs and is ready to share them with a wider audience.
Want to perform?
Get in touch if you'd like to perform at the Hilltop Sessions